The swim team is open to children ages 5-18. You do not have to be a member of the pool to participate on the swim team, but discounted rates are offered to pool members. The team practices daily and also participates in competitive meets. Registration will be held at the pool on Sunday April 7th from 4 PM to 6 PM and Saturday April 13th from 1 PM to 3 PM. .
It's time again to get ready for summer swim season!
The Shadowmoss Swim team will have two sign up sessions at the Shadowmoss Pool --
Sunday, April 7 from 4 to 6
Saturday, April 13 from 1 to 3
A few things to remember -
- Swim team sign up fees are separate from pool fees. In addition to joining the team, either a pool membership is required or you may choose to pay a pool usage fee. To join the pool, the cost is $400 for a family membership if paid before May 4. If you opt out of that, the pool fee for swimmers to practice is $125 per family.
- When it comes to payments, we are not super technical. :-) Please either bring cash or check payments. Pool payments need to be made separately from swim team payments.
- At both sign ups, we will have sample suits available for your swimmers to try on for size fitting.
- Practice is tentatively scheduled to start on April 29 for returning swimmers; start date for new swimmers and 6&U will be the following Monday, May 6.
- I do not yet have the meet schedule, but I do know the following: Dual meets will run Tuesday and Thursday nights in the month of June, with the first one being June 6. In July, the meets will take place on the 1st and 3rd. City Meet will be at the Crowfield pool from July 12-14.
We need officials so that we can run our meets - if we don't have at least two, we cannot host a home meet. So I need your help!! If you are interested in being an official, please let me know. It's the best front row seat that you will get at a meet! The league will be offering training in May that will cover everything you need to learn. Please let me know if you can help!!
Also, if you are interested in helping to coordinate team planning, please let me know.
Link to CCAA website:
Volunteer sign ups:
Sign Up Genius – Shadowmoss Sharks
Last minute updates provided through Rained Out:
Search for “Shadowmoss Sharks Swim Team” and sign up